Thursday, March 9, 2017

March 9

Brady was feeling whimsical this morning, so he positioned BearBear on the couch like this before we left for school:

I've mentioned it several times before, but BearBear is an important fellow to all of us. He's really the only present Logan ever gave Brady, so he's extra-specially meaningful.

With all of that rehashed, I'll say that we had a BearBear-related scare this evening. It was an unusually hectic late-afternoon, as Adam's commuter train ran into some trouble, which left me to handle all of the Thursday activities plus dinner solo. By the time we rolled into the driveway at around 8 PM, I was pooped and ready to chill. But my anxiety level again shot through the roof when I went to put the boys to bed and no one could find BearBear. We practically ripped the house, the car, and the garage apart looking for him, but Brady couldn't remember what he'd done with him. In the back of my mind, I worried that he'd taken him to tball and left him in the field or that he'd fallen out of the car as we'd rushed from one destination to another. And the idea broke my heart, because in a way that I can't really explain and that may not make sense to others, losing BearBear would be kind of like losing Logan all over again.

Fortunately, we had a happy ending when Isaac spied the corner of his signature bow tie inside a toy chest. Boy and bear were reunited, and all was well again. So what's my point? I guess I'm just relieved and thankful. And sometimes, feeling that deep sense of thankfulness is more than enough to fill my cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment