Sunday, March 12, 2017

March 12

I felt a bit out of sorts today, so levity was in order during my afternoon window shopping expedition with my girl. As we sat in the car, I flipped through my song library until I came across the most ridiculous one of the bunch. And then I pressed play, and the sounds of country-rap filled the air. I didn't take a pic at that moment, but here's one from a little later. It doesn't really duplicate the look of horror on Abby's face as I white-suburban-mom rapped to the beat, but it's good enough:

So two things: one, I will not reprise my act. I know exactly who would love to see it, but don't bother asking because just NO. And two, it worked. The lighthearted silliness really did help to elevate my mood. Ridiculous, yes, but a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment