Wednesday, May 10, 2017

May 10

Isaac had a baseball game this evening (quick postmortem: a win this time, but a win they had to fight tooth and nail to get so the emotional cost was perhaps higher than usual). Since it didn't end until 7:45, we had a late dinner and then the Little Boys were off to bed. They typically screw around in their rooms after they've been formally put in bed, but not tonight. When I went upstairs to check on Brady at around 9, this is what I found:

My baby and his buddy, all cuddled up as they explored dreamland.

I could watch any of my babies sleep for hours. There's something calming and even therapeutic about watching their little chests rise and fall. Sometimes I even sit and count their eyelashes (while I wonder how they all managed to get such beautiful sets while mine are so lackluster). As I note over and over (and over) again, I know they won't be little for long, so I'm going to drink in the everyday moments whenever I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment