Thursday, May 11, 2017

May 11

Once upon a time, Logan made "parking lots" filled with Cars With Faces. He'd kneel beside the couch or the coffee table and dutifully line up one after another after another after another, until he'd created a sea of colorful vehicles. So I was a little taken aback when Brady made a parking lot of his own on the sofa this evening while I was out with Abby at her school's Open House.

Brady didn't really get the chance to know his biggest brother, but I'm often struck by how much they have in common. The cars, the dancing, the laughter, the silly faces. There's so much of Logan in Brady that it sometimes takes my breath away. And though I will miss my Sunshine until we meet again, I'm deeply thankful that I can see so much of him in the baby brother he was so excited to welcome to the fold back in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment