Monday, May 8, 2017

May 8

I had a handful of interesting conversations with Brady as we walked home from school this afternoon. Here's one:

Him: Mom, how old are you?
Me: Why?
Him: I did an interview about you for Mother's Day and it was one of the questions.
Me: Oh. 39.
Him: Oh. I was way off.
Me: Why? What did you guess?
Him: 80.
Me (after a pause): You must think I'm very wise!
Him: You are!

So that's one of them. I laughed just now recounting it to Adam.

But I like this one better. As I strolled (and he rolled) along, he looked up at me and said You know what I like best about kindergarten? and I said No, what?. And he responded with the sweetest words: I get to spend extra time with you.

I know these days are few and that he'll be grown before I can blink, so I'm trying to stay mindful of those truths. And if spending those extra minutes with him means I don't get the house cleaned or I take a little longer with a work assignment, then so be it. Because he and his siblings and our family and my friends? They're what matter the most to me in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment