Friday, May 5, 2017

May 5

Somehow, I blinked and we're four weeks from the end of the school year. One of the time-tested things-are-wearing-down activities is the annual kindergarten singalong, and today was the day.

The kiddos recited poems and sang several songs, including the one they're pictured singing here: "You Are My Sunshine." I've probably mentioned it before, but that was my special Logan-song. It was the one I sang for him every night as I nursed him to sleep as an infant and it the one I was singing to him as he slipped into eternity. I haven't sung it to anyone else since he passed, and honestly, I may never sing it again (on this side of Heaven, anyway).

But it was still sweet to hear Brady --who just happened to be wearing his sunshine-emblazoned Shining Light Preschool shirt-- and all of his friends bring it to life because it's never bad to be reminded of my Sunshine.

1 comment: