Friday, May 26, 2017

May 26

I'm originally from the east coast; suburban Maryland, to be exact. Although I've lived in California for more than 20 years and rarely venture back to visit, I still refer to Maryland as "home."

This morning, as Brady and I left for school, he grabbed his Orioles hat --which, rather oddly, he got from the school's former receptionist before she retired-- and plunked it down on his head. He smiled and told me that he plans to wear it when we go to the A's/O's game in August.

I grinned back and my heart grew a few sizes. I love that though my kids have never lived in Maryland, they feel an attachment to it. I love that they ask when we can visit and want to know what's going on with my family and friends there. Their questions and comments make home feel a little closer than it is geographically, and for that, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment