Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May 23

Today was one of my favorite days in recent history. From Isaac's baseball team winning their first playoff game against a higher-seeded squad (and turning an insanity-inducing, momentum-reversing triple play on their way to accomplishing the feat) to a bubble of relative calm that seemed to settle over my family, it was just a sweet day. I could wax poetic for quite a while, but I won't. I have to pick a moment, and I'm choosing this one because it quite literally points right back to God.

I met a friend for coffee this morning. She ordered first, and when I got to the table, I found this:

We had a brief text exchange about devotionals about a month ago, so though it wasn't entirely random, it was surprising because of what she didn't know.

What she didn't know was that that very brief exchange stuck with me, too. So much so that yesterday, I had plans to head over to the bookstore to pick up a daily devotional for her --one for chronically busy people-- but between dance, a t-ball party, and baseball practice, I wound up running out of time. (The irony is not lost on me.) So I was more than a little stunned to see that book on the table. I was so stunned, in fact, that I didn't say a word about my own plans (until now, of course).

It probably shouldn't, I know, but that kind of thing just amazes me. I am so thankful to have friends who make the extra effort to really point me toward God and a faith-driven life.

1 comment: