Saturday, May 13, 2017

May 13

After our typical Baseball Saturday came to a close, Abby decided she wanted to bake something. Anything. So she got out a cupcake cookbook and perused the pages until I suggested she keep it simple with a box cake mix. So that's what she did.

She hasn't had much experience in the kitchen and she's been eager for some freedom, so I was happy to let her do this one little thing on her own. So she found the ingredients, the pan, the cupcake liners, preheated the stove, and got to work. All on her own. She brought me the pan when the timer went off so I could check to see if they were done, but otherwise, the hot cocoa cupcakes with marshmallow frosting were entirely her own, and I think she was pretty proud of herself for pulling it off without any major disasters (or any disasters at all).

It's a blessing to be her mom (even when she's mouthy and I want to smack her).

No comments:

Post a Comment