Wednesday, May 24, 2017

May 24

Today paled in comparison to yesterday --broke my earbuds (did you know you could do that? I didn't), dropped my keys on my sandal'd foot, kids were cranky-- but it still featured some pretty nice moments (like when I finally got around to scheduling Isaac's team's end of year party). And this one:

Brady's class submitted the most Box Tops for Education this school year, so they won a popsicle party. Since I'm the program coordinator, I got to deliver the reward, and I stuck around while they indulged.

Kindergartners are just so sweet. (Well, most of them are.) They were genuinely pleased as punch to do something as simple as eating a popsicle and having a few minutes of extra play time. That kind of innocence is priceless, and their little lights are a blessing to the world-weary who surround them.

No comments:

Post a Comment