Tuesday, May 16, 2017

May 16

I get up every morning and get dressed and make lunches and take kids to school. Most days I find things to smile about and I talk with friends and send text messages and try to be an encouragement when I can. That's what you can see on the surface. Underneath all of that, there's an excellent chance that when you look at me at a given moment, I'm quietly missing this kid.

So it was nice when I happened to glance down this afternoon at a random moment and saw that his name was peeking out at me. I don't make a big show of it, but I still wear my Logan-bracelet every day, just like I wear my name necklace and a pendant Logan picked out for me and my wedding rings.

Those reminders don't change the reality, but they do make him feel a little closer to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment