Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May 1

Isaac's class had a field trip today to Mission San Juan Bautista, which is located about two hours south of Pleasanton. I've chaperoned most of his trips this year (and last) and am a wee bit burned out, but since today's adventure involved chartered buses instead of my car, I volunteered to go along. Here's my little group:

It's easy to get frustrated when it seems like able-bodied people don't volunteer, but the reality is that I'm getting lots of extra time with Isaac when they don't step up. I'm getting to see him interact with his classmates and other adults, and I'm getting to hang out with him during school hours when he'd otherwise be in the classroom.

Since I know as well as anyone that we never know what surprises this life may hold, I'm thankful for those extra moments.

1 comment:

  1. Have very fond memories of the San Juan Baptista Mission!!!...So happy Isaac had a chance to visit it, too! Love You both!

    ReplyDelete