Thursday, May 10, 2018

May 10

I'm pooped. It was a long, busy day. But it was also a productive day that involved doing things to benefit other people, so I'm going to go to bed feeling satisfied.

I honestly can't remember if I've mentioned it here before, but I'm the president-elect of our elementary school's PTA, and I've been serving as acting president since December-ish when the actual president stepped away from the role. It's been a harried spring for me as I've tried to learn the ropes and scrambled to avoid screwing anything up, but I think today's Teacher Appreciation luncheon went quite well. Other than recruiting a committee chair, telling her how much she could spend, and helping a bit with setup and cleanup, my active role in the event was rather limited, but it was a blessing to be part of the celebration because I know how hard the teachers work for our kids. So for that tangible chance to show appreciation to people who deserve it, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment