Thursday, May 31, 2018

May 31

This girl was promoted to high school tonight. My girl. High school. I still don't really believe it.

Whenever Abby has a big life event, it's bittersweet for me since Logan can't be here to celebrate with her and I know that on some level, that hard truth probably lingers in the back of her mind. When I woke up this morning, I laid in bed for a few minutes and prayed that he would show up to Promotion in some way, and that it would be a no-doubter. I've prayed that prayer before and it hasn't really panned out, but somehow, since it was Abby, I hoped it would.

And it did. It was a very, very cold evening for late-May, and we all shivered as we waited in line for the big event. There was a moment when, just before we walked into the packed gymnasium for the ceremony, the sun broke through the cloudy skies and warmed my back. I turned, looked up, smiled, and thought "thanks for coming." My heart recognized him right away.

And for that brief moment, I will always be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment