Saturday, May 19, 2018

May 19

For numerous reasons, I didn't play any sports when I was a kid. (I did dance, though. Not exactly a team sport, but it was my physical-activity-thing and it kept me from languishing on the couch in front of the Atari 2600.) So the whole baseball experience has been a different one for me. And I really do love it: I love watching my boys do something they really enjoy, but I also love getting to know the other parents and kids.

And today, one of those seasons came to an end as Brady's team played their final game. (Isaac's team won their playoff game. They have a tough row to hoe from here on out since they're in the losers' bracket by virtue of their loss on Thursday, but they're one of only four teams left in the mix so they should be really, really proud. I know I am.)

No specific observations today; just a sense of thankfulness that I've had the chance to watch all of these boys play and grow over the past few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment