Thursday, May 24, 2018

May 24

It was a busy, busy day. I spent the morning preparing for the final PTA general meeting of the year, ran said-meeting at 3PM, had dinner, then scooted over to the Sports Park to watch Isaac and his team (and the other first and second place teams) receive their trophies.

Given the number of items on the PTA agenda, I'd been apprehensive about this day for at least a month, but it all went blessedly smoothly and I heaved an actual sigh of relief as I drove out of the parking lot.

It was fun to see Isaac get his trophy and of course I have lots of pictures of him and his teammates trolling the field afterward, but this moment from the meeting stands out as a favorite.

It's probably not immediately obvious, but it's a photo of one of Isaac's friends reading a letter to one of our service award recipients, who is a teacher who will be leaving the school at the end of the year. Said teacher teared up as T read the note, and in that moment, I felt distinctly blessed to be in a place with great schools and terrific educators who truly care about our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment