Wednesday, May 16, 2018

May 16

I've felt a bit apprehensive about being the PTA President this coming year. (Total understatement there.) So I was a bit nervous going into my first casual get-together with (most of) the incoming executive board members this morning. I made it easier on myself by holding the meeting at my second home (which some people call "Starbucks"), and I think it went really, really well.

You can't build Rome in a day, of course, but I'm fully confident that these ladies (and those who were unable to attend) and I will be able to do some really good things at the school next year. As I told them, we may not agree on everything, but I feel like we're all fair-minded and that we'll be able to work out whatever disagreements that may arise without much drama.

And I've gotta tell ya: feeling like we're going to be successful means a whole lot to me, and I'm thankful for that big blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment