Wednesday, August 15, 2018

August 15

I've had better days. But I've also had worse, so it was just... a day. Tonight was the elementary school's back to school night, so I went to the boys' classrooms and had a few minutes to speak to a multipurpose room stuffed with parents. The speaking part went okay, I think, but my favorite part of the evening was when I saw this note to me and Adam on Brady's desk.

He wants me to know that he is happy about what I do.

Honestly, I don't even know what he's talking about here. Is it my homemade mac and cheese? How I drive him to baseball? The way I make sure they're on time to school? Clueless. But you know something? It's an appreciation. And given how easy it is for me to feel not appreciated sometimes, I'm thankful for the vote of confidence, even if it is a bit vague.

1 comment:

  1. I actually love the vagueness... That's what made it an awesome statement.

    ReplyDelete