Wednesday, August 1, 2018

August 1

We were supposed to have a new ceiling fan installed in our bedroom today. It didn't happen. The old one came down, but the new one is still in the box. And my ceiling looks like this:

I won't bore you with the whole story, but suffice it to say that the experience really tried my patience for several hours. I was frustrated over being stuck at home when I had errands to run, and frustrated when I realized that I would not have a new ceiling fan by day's end.

Anyway, I glanced up at this scene a little while ago and remembered that though things don't always go according to our plans, they do eventually work out, one way or another, because God is in the driver's seat. And I'm thankful that in spite of my frustrations and limited understanding, that's the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment