Thursday, August 23, 2018

August 23

I'd been nervous about today, since, oh, when I put together the PTA calendar way back in April. I ran general meetings when I was the Executive VP/Acting President earlier this year, but there was something different --in my mind, anyway-- about banging the gavel when I was the actual President of record. But it's now 9:30 PM, the meeting's in the rearview, and I feel pretty good about it.

(This is my Relieved Face, taken right after the last attendee left me alone in the library.)

We had nearly 50 people show up, I didn't screw anything up, and I managed to feel genuine throughout while still adhering to parliamentary procedure. (And if you know me at all, you know that was quite a feat because I tend to go off-book and off-the-cuff.)

I have no idea how the rest of the year is going to go, but in this moment, I'm thankful to have the chance to make a difference in the boys' educational experience. I never in a million, bazillion years would've guessed that I'd wind up in this position, so it just goes to show that God will use anyone at any time for anything. So be open.

No comments:

Post a Comment