Monday, August 27, 2018

August 27

We made a late-in-the-game decision to go to Costco this evening, mostly because it was an easy answer to the ever-present 'so what are we doing for dinner?' question. Adam did his usual Q&A session with the kiddos while we sat in the food court munching our pizza and hot dogs. At some point, Brady crawled under the table (which, for the record, I do not condone) and scooted close by my side. He told me he was cold, so I gave him a good squeeze, and there he sat for a few minutes.

I know I say it all the time, but time is absolutely flying and I really treasure these small, ordinary moments. It's so easy to miss them --to rush through this life without really breathing them in and letting them shape us and how we view our circumstances-- so I'm thankful that (at least some of the time,) I'm wise enough to remember to appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment