Friday, August 31, 2018

August 31

When I scrolled through my images a little while ago, I realized that this was the only pic I took today. It's from school drop-off this morning, and I think I took it because I was intending to post it to the PTA Facebook page. (Which, naturally, did not actually happen.) But tonight, it has an entirely different purpose.

Most mornings of late have been gray and overcast, just like this image shows. But as the hours have progressed, the clouds have parted to reveal (mostly) blue sky and sunshine.

For me, life is often like that: lots of clouds masking the beauty that --when I don't let myself be distrated from what's real-- I know lies beyond.

So today, on a day that held a few really difficult moments, I'm thankful to know that the blue sky lies just beyond the clouds, even when I can't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment