Thursday, January 10, 2019

January 10

I turn 41 tomorrow, so given that I am introspective me, it stands to reason that I'm sitting here on my couch reflecting a bit --for better or worse-- on the past year.

To be blunt, 40 hasn't exactly been my favorite age so far. Thirty-nine was really good to me so I entered the year with high expectations, but a lot of disappointing, painful, mentally taxing, and just plain hard experiences threw me off balance in a very unwanted kind of way. I truly struggled through much of the year.

I'm still actively trying to get myself together, but I'm making positive changes and think I'm in a decent place as I hit 41. I'm definitely not the same person I was a year ago --for one, I'm sitting here drinking a glass of my wuss-wine, and for another, I'm wearing two earrings in each ear (I know, I'm a rebel)-- and my prayer is that this new year will be marked by even more personal growth -- and a lot more laughter than I experienced at 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment