Saturday, January 12, 2019

January 12

Before Logan died, we had Saturday lunches at Sweet Tomatoes. It was just too painful to keep going there after, so we changed up our routine and switched our destination to a different locale that was a favorite of his: Red Tractor. So after nearly seven years of weekend lunches, we were sad to find that it had unexpectedly closed --for good-- when we tried to go this afternoon. My consistency-loving self couldn't help but roll my eyes: I'm one day into 41 --one DAY-- and yet another unexpected (and kind of brutal) change hit me.

I was still thinking about it this afternoon when Adam and I took a few turns around the Sports Park. During a break in the conversation, I looked up at the sky and took in this rather majestic sight. And it made me think. The appearance of the sky changes all the time: different shades of blue, different types of clouds. But it's still the sky, even when it looks different, and the God who created the sky is still God -- even when it feels like far too much is far too different for my taste. So yes: in a world filled with uncertainty, I'm thankful for that truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment