Thursday, January 3, 2019

January 3

This feels self-indulgent and I kind of hate self-indulgent, but I'll go with it because it's what I've got.

A few years ago, my Gmail account was hacked. I couldn't access my email, and was completely horrified when the hacker deleted my blogs. (And by "horrified" I mean "completely melted down.") Long story short, thanks to a friend with a connection at Google, my email and blogs were restored, and I made a mental note to make printed copies of my blogs just in case.

Fast forward to this past November when I finally got around to picking a company and having the first year of this blog printed. Said book arrived yesterday, and I finally had the chance to look through it today. It was really neat to be able to hold the (very large -- there's a reason I broke it down into individual years) book and read what I wrote six years ago.

We have to live forward into this life, of course, but sometimes, it's awfully nice to be able to look back at the trail we've traveled, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment