Tuesday, January 15, 2019

January 15

I was cleaning the kitchen this evening when I found this.

It's Isaac's handwriting but I have no idea when he wrote it (since --and it's painful to admit it-- I found a few several-years-old items on the far regions of the counter). I chuckled when I first read it, but then it made me think. Everyone who prays to God asks for things -- blessings, healing, help, guidance, you name it, we ask for it. (In this kinda sorta humorous case, it was very important to Isaac that the A's make the playoffs.) And that's a good thing (as long as we remain open to the truth that what we want may not always be part of the plan), since God is a good God and wants us to ask for what our hearts desire.

But how often do we just utter prayers of thanksgiving, especially when times are tougher than we'd like? I know I'm not so good at that. But this cute little note reminded me to do better. And for that, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment