Friday, January 18, 2019

January 18

I was heading out to pick up some Tums this afternoon (because man alive, I've had atrocious heartburn for a few days now) and couldn't help but notice the sky over the Catholic church near our house. I wasn't quick enough to snap a pic during my first trip down the road, so I swung a u-turn, retraced my route, and snapped this:

You may have to squint to see it, but there's a cross atop the steeple, right in the center of the very brightest cluster of clouds. It was a beautiful, visual reminder that Jesus is the calm we can find during storms. Though the winds may blow and the seas may rage all around us and we can't see what lies ahead, He's still there directing our paths and giving us what we need to get by -- and thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment