Tuesday, January 8, 2019

January 8

When I checked my phone camera pics from today, I found a bunch of selfies (which is an embarrassing admission, but I had my hair done and was trying to get a good shot so I could remember what it looked like for next time) and this one of Brady. So since I used my mug yesterday, I decided this would be today's winner.

There are many things I appreciate about this kid of mine, but today I want to focus on sacrifice. He can be a very (exceedingly) stubborn person; he once held a bite of food he didn't want in his cheek for hours before we finally gave in and he spat it out and victoriously marched off to bed. But not today. After school, he very clearly wanted to go to the park (as we often do), but I very much wanted to go home. I was tired and cold and just didn't feel like being outside. So after surveying the situation, he stiffened his upper lip and said that it would be okay if we went home.

I know it wasn't what he wanted, but I deeply appreciated his willingness to be flexible. So for that moment of understanding and sweetness from my eight-year old, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment