Friday, January 11, 2019

January 11

What can I say about today? A lot, probably, but the overarching theme is that it was a good day to turn 41. Adam took the day off (as he usually does on my birthdays), so after I had my usual Starbucks time (which featured donut delivery by Nikki), we went to lunch at Baja Fresh and took a stroll around Target, where he found a "you are my sunshine" bracelet that was undoubtedly from Logan. So of course, I bought it.

Then in the afternoon, there were school pick-ups and a little TV time. We had an earlyish dinner at CPK, and then headed home for presents and a 41-candle cake (which, if you're wondering, involves a lot of fire).

Yes, it was a good day. But it was also something of a surprising day, if I stop to think about it. For several years after Logan died, I didn't care for my birthdays because I felt his absence so keenly. But today, somehow, was different. It's like I felt him even though he's no more "here" than he has been since he passed on. So for the blessing of that change in perspective and for the blessing of friends and family who reached out to say hi and for the blessing of birthdays, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment