Monday, January 28, 2019

January 28

I was rather dismayed when I looked at my phone this evening and realized that I'd taken one lonely picture all day long. And then I was even more dismayed when I realized it was very similar to yesterday's image. But here it is anyway, because there's still some value in it:

We tend to go for long stretches around here with very few clouds in the sky. (That's probably the case since it hardly ever rains between May and October.) Given that truth, we also tend to have long stretches with less-than-colorful sunsets. Clear blue sky is stunning, of course, but the clouds are what give those sunsets true dimension.

That's also true in this life. I think we'd all like our days to be without challenges and free of pain, but the reality is that the clouds (struggles) that produce those spectacular colors (maturity, change, and growth) are what make the days meaningful.

So for the knowledge that my own difficulties will eventually create something unique and beautiful, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment