Tuesday, October 13, 2020

October 13

I had a strange moment this afternoon. I went up to the boys' rooms to tell Isaac that his baseball game had been postponed. As I stood there next to him, I was suddenly keenly aware of just how much he's grown this year. He's not a scary kid at all, but it was overwhelming to realize that he will definitely be taller than me much sooner than I'd imagined.

The thought came to me again this evening when, after he arrived home from Youth Group, he sat at the kitchen table next to me and wolfed down a slice of pizza in about three bites and downed a very full cup of milk. He finished the entire "meal" in about two minutes flat. (And he made a goofy face when he noticed I was trying to sneak a pic, so here it is.)

I'm just so thankful that he and Abby and Brady are alive and still growing every day, even if their consistent growth does take me by surprise (and make me feel both old and short) some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment