Wednesday, October 21, 2020

October 21

Isaac's been playing baseball for months now with his tournament team, but today was Brady's first day back on the field since the Little League Season was canceled back in March.

I took a short walk and then returned to watch the boys practice. I sat there on the bleachers and crocheted while I observed, and was happy to see that though he's not played much (aside from the occasional class at the baseball clinic), he can still throw and hit well. In fact, in his second at bat during a quick scrimmage, he sent a ball sailing into the outfield.

If nothing else, I'm grateful that Brady now has something to do other than do homework and play video games. I'm grateful that he's able to interact with others (even if it's not exactly like it's been in the past). And I'm grateful for this bit of visible progress toward whatever the new, post-COVID "normal" will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment