Thursday, October 15, 2020

October 15

Isaac had another scrimmage this afternoon in Danville. It wound up being something of a drubbing, as his team beat the other 19 to 4 or 5. (No one was really keeping score.) For his part, Isaac went 2 for 4 with a run scored and a few RBI. All in all a good effort for all of the Spartans.

During the post-game huddle, his coach handed out their jerseys -- one home, one away. We'd ordered them a few months back so it was exciting to finally have them in-hand. As we drove away from the field, Isaac excitedly talked about them and about which shirt is which.

I know I've said what I'm going to say a lot of late, but with COVID continuing to drag on (and on and on and on...), my little immediate family gets almost all of my attention so it makes sense: I'm so glad that he has baseball and that it makes him smile like it does. When isolation is the norm, it's so important to have activities that bring (and breed) joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment