Wednesday, October 7, 2020

October 7

Six months and some change after moving into our new house, our old house will become someone else's (temporary) home tomorrow. I went by this afternoon to leave the mailbox keys on the counter and, on a whim, ran upstairs (while trying not to disturb the pretty lines in the just-vacuumed carpet too much) to take a picture of Logan and Isaac's room. Here it is:

Granted it looked much different when we lived there -- the walls were blue and the carpet was a single-toned beige, for starters-- but I can still remember sitting in the corner by the windows in my glider, nursing and singing and rocking baby Logan to sleep 13 years ago. And I can still remember dressing up very-young Abby, Logan, and Isaac in Valentine's Day apparel and taking a group picture of them in this room. It's a good set of memories and I'm glad to have them, but I'd be lying if I said that the idea of someone else living in this room wasn't a bit bittersweet.

Still, I'm thankful. Thankful for the memories and thankful for forward progress and thankful that that place that still holds so many feelings and emotions for us is still ours. I'm hopeful that it will be a happy place for everyone who calls it home in the months and years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment