Sunday, October 25, 2020

October 25

A sweet friend recently sent me a pattern for a shawl so I decided to try my hand at making one. With the upcoming Christmas season in sight, I chose a sparkly maroon'ish yarn and got to work a few days ago.

I still have work to do, but this is my progress as of this moment. I don't spend a lot of time patting myself on the back, but I'm proud of it so far and I'm looking forward to finishing it up and trying it on. (And hopefully it fits, because I made a wee modification to the pattern!)

Anyway, as I looked it over earlier this evening, I had an observation I thought I'd share. It amazes me that a week ago, this almost-shawl was two skeins of yarn tucked into the top drawer in my dresser; that two lengths of yarn were stitched into something cohesive and useful. I think people can be like that, too: God takes us as we are and shapes us into amazing new things. 

For me, it's kind of nice to think that I can be made into something useful, especially on days when I feel like I'm just a raggedly old ball of yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment