Friday, October 30, 2020

October 30

The elementary school costume parade was a bit different this year. At around 10:50 AM, I called Brady --who opted to be Goofy this year-- downstairs and we headed over in my car. (Kristine was over for our usual coffee-and-crochet get-together since I'd forgotten about said-event so Abby --who happened to be between classes-- spent some time chit-chatting with her in my absence.)

Anyhow, I let my little Goofy sit in the front seat for the first time ever for the ride. We drove by the school and he got to wave at his teacher, who saw him and waved back. (It was, for the record, the first time they'd ever seen each other in person. Weird school year indeed.)

It's definitely a weird year. But I'm grateful to the school for trying to include some "normal" events for the kiddos to enjoy. Those moments of fun familiarity are, I think, extra important amid the insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment