Thursday, November 12, 2020

November 12

It was a good enough day. I got up this morning and ran a few errands. When I got back home, this guy tailed me into the kitchen to ask for a butter bagel. 

Just as I got the bagel bag out of the fridge, there was a knock at the door, which turned out to be the delivery guys bringing our new living room furniture. I hurriedly nuked Brady's bagel, pulled out the butter tub, and told him to go ahead and do it himself. And he was perfectly pleased to be self-sufficient, so he flashed a megawatt grin.

Then it was off to the store for a few things, and back home to host Carolynn, a lovely, spunky, down-to-earth lady from our church, for coffee in the yard. We had a wonderful chat about all sorts of things and then she headed home when the air turned a bit crisper than we liked.

So yes: it was a good enough day. And I am thankful for all of its bits and pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment