Sunday, November 15, 2020

November 15

My grandma turned 98 today so we called to sing her Happy Birthday during dinner tonight.

I spent a lot of time with my grandma when I was growing up so she's quite dear to me and I'm deeply thankful that she's still "with it", even though I can't actually see her right now (thanks to COVID, of course, but also 3,000 miles of physical distance). 

Anyway, as we neared the end of our conversation --which was still on speaker phone, though she didn't realize it-- she said to tell everyone that she loves them and remarked that though she'd been the beneficiary of several birthday song serenades throughout the day, ours was the best. This prompted Adam's silent but aggressive celebration, and I had to actively stop myself from snorting aloud at the display. 

I love my grandma, and I love Adam's weirdness. Both are blessings to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment