Monday, November 30, 2020

November 30

I found this at Target last week. It's a re-release of a car that was produced a number of years ago and I bought it because I thought it would be a fun addition to our family room holiday decor. And because Logan loved Ramone in all of his incarnations -- including this one.

I always miss Logan and wonder what he'd be like --how tall he'd be, what activities he'd enjoy, what he'd like to eat-- but that sense of longing for what could've been usually intensifies over the Christmas season. And this year is no different.

So today, as I passed by my desk and saw this car sitting there ready to take its place on the mantel, I felt a renewed sense of gratitude that God created us to hold memories of those who have gone before us in our hearts. It's not the same as having him here, but it's most definitely better than nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment