Friday, November 27, 2020

November 27

Despite the weirdness of 2020, it was a day-after-Thanksgiving that largely resembled our traditional days-after-Thanksgiving. To start, Abby and I got up and headed out for some (masked, of course) Black Friday retail therapy. We hit the usual haunts (Starbucks, Walmart, Target, Ulta, Old Navy, JCPenney) for the usual reasons, JoAnn for some new Christmas decor for the living room (where we decided on a silver and gold theme), and finished off in the Burger King drive-thru for lunch.

While we were out, Adam and the boys did some exterior decorating --front AND back--and put up the 9.5-foot artificial tree we purchased to grace the front window. 

Isaac was particularly excited to go pick out a (small) real tree for our family room, so after Adam finished his nap, we headed out to a local lot, found a good one, and brought it home. After reconfiguring the furniture a bit, Adam put it where it will stand for the next month or so and strung the lights. 

Then after Abby and I wheeled the neighbors' trash cans up and down the street a few times (long, rather amusing story there that Abby will smack me if I relay here so I won't but I mention it anyway lest I should ever forget) we closed out the day's informal festivities with a viewing of "Home Alone."

Both trees still need to be decorated and there are pieces of wall art that Abby and I picked out that need to be hung and there are still presents that need to be bought and wrapped and holiday cards that need to be addressed and sent, but it feels Christmas-y at our house. I feel a sense of anticipation for the season of joy and cheer that lies ahead. And for all of that, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment