Monday, November 23, 2020

November 23

We've had better days. It started off okay, but then I raised the possibility of taking a stroll through the state park nearby, and well, the natives expressed their displeasure. Aggressively. And then I got tired of listening to the complaining and yelled at them in the car. (Which I apologized for later, but well, you know, regret.)

Anyway, once we were inside the park (which was no small feat to accomplish because man alive, it's like everyone located within a 10-mile radius thought it would be a good day to look at sequoias), I looked up at those tall, tall trees and had a few thoughts. One, although I'm not really a nature girl, there's something wonderful about how trees and plants don't argue, nor do they make life more complicated. 

And two, and perhaps more importantly, I looked at this picture and realized how much my short people (used in a purely tongue-in-cheek way there since I know I'll be the short one before I blink a few more times) have grown. 

So today, I'm grateful that they're growing, that nature can be so calming, and that grace is a thing, even though we don't always deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment