Tuesday, November 17, 2020

November 17

Though the forecast called for rain, I forged ahead with my coffee-in-the-backyard plan for this morning, and Sandra came over to join me at about 10.

Although we've both attended the same church for quite a long while now, I didn't know Sandra particularly well, so it was really nice to sit and chat for a few (well, three! Neither of us had anywhere we needed to be today) hours. She knows the challenges and stresses of dealing with a child with cancer, so although her daughter is (thankfully!) still with us, I can relate to her in a way that most can't.

So today, I'm thankful for a chance to connect with and learn about someone new. (And I'm thankful for her med student daughter Alex, who will no doubt do awesome things with cancer research down the line.)

No comments:

Post a Comment