Sunday, January 10, 2021

January 10

My birthday is tomorrow, so I've spent a little time today reflecting on the past year of my life. Since my personality plants me a bit more on the extroverted side of the scale, it's been a frustrating year socially, but at the end of the day, I'm content.

And I'm content because in spite of my ongoing longing for more connection with friends, this is my reality: God has blessed me with a gorgeous new home that is way beyond anything I ever thought I'd own, a family I adore (even if they do drive me nuts at times!), and a new talent that I'm trying to continue to nurture and develop.

Those are huge blessings and I'd be a fool to enter my next year without acknowledging them -- and the Creator who gave them to me. So for all of that and for the year that is to come -- I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment