Wednesday, January 6, 2021

January 6

 Very, very early this morning, I finished the cardigan sweater I'd been working on for a few weeks.

The last details were a bit tedious for me --seaming and then attaching the sleeves, weaving in the last of the loose ends and then discovering even more loose ends to take care of-- but once I'd finally tied off the final loop and slipped it over my shoulders, I felt an amazing sense of accomplishment.

I modified the pattern I was using to eliminate what I decided was a flaw in the original design (the backside had something of a bubble butt look that I didn't find particularly attractive), which meant modifying several elements, including the thickness of the collar and the sleeve length. 

So I was completely gratified that even though I'd been operating in a world of guesstimates (because believe me, even though I was using a tape measure, there were plenty of guesses involved), it wound up being a perfect fit. 

I'm not exactly overconfident (or even especially confident) as a norm, so it was a blessing to me to feel that sense of pride. And I'm thankful that God gave me the determination and tenacity (which is no small miracle given that I couldn't even turn my work five months ago) that I needed to help see the entire project through to its end.

No comments:

Post a Comment