Monday, January 4, 2021

January 4

I woke up embarrassingly late today (and note that I said "today" and not "this morning") after going to bed embarrassingly early last night. (Or maybe I should say "this morning" there. Yeah.) And when I did get up, I didn't feel well at all. Dizzy, stomach ache, headache. So I spent most of the day lying low.

But at least I got to see a few rainbows. (Here's one of them. Squint at it and it'll show up. It's between the trees.) The morning (I'm guessing anyway) and early afternoon featured driving rain and high winds interspersed with brief appearances by the sun. And every time the sun came out, I hustled over to the window to look because I knew that each time, there had to be a rainbow somewhere.

Life is like that -- storms intermixed with sunshine and rainbows. So today, in spite of not feeling the best, I feel fortunate that I remembered to look for rainbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment