Tuesday, January 26, 2021

January 26

I was checking the pantry this afternoon to see if we had tacos (we did) when I saw this.

At first glance, it's just a box of plain old Stove Top Stuffing, right? It was a staple at my house when I was growing up but we hardly ever eat it now, so it made me smile when I saw it. And then I looked a little closer and noticed the teeny, tiny identical box of stuffing strategically placed nearby.

And I snorted aloud. (Really. An actual snort.)

I knew exactly where the wee box came from --Santa gave the kiddos those mini brands surprise balls in their stockings-- so I marched upstairs and held it out to Abby, who was standing at her bathroom sink. She looked quite amused as I confirmed that it was indeed her tiny box, and told her that the situation had been well played.

I love it when my kids are random like that. The bursts of levity make otherwise dull, repetitive days decidedly more blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment