Thursday, January 7, 2021

January 7

I've said this before but it's still true so I'll repeat myself: I don't love change. I like to be comfortable and to know what's coming next. But I know that's not realistic --especially these days-- so I pray for flexibility. (A lot of it. And often.) And today I exercised that flexibility by trying something new at the Mother Ship.

I used some stars to buy a pistachio latte. (The verdict: very sweet. Not bad, but also not super pistachio-y.) 

I know that seems silly, but here's a truth: there's value in baby steps. Even the Bible says (and I'm heavily paraphrasing here) that we should be faithful in all ways, big and small. So if something small helps me to become more flexible over time, it's a blessing.

So today, I'm grateful for pistachio lattes.

No comments:

Post a Comment