Friday, January 22, 2021

January 22

When we first moved into this house, I had mental images of driving down the hill as a beautiful rainbow arched over the valley in the distance. I was eager for the day that would provide the conditions necessary to make the scene unfold.

It took more than nine months, but today, as Abby and I headed out to the store, I finally got to see it in real life. (This is something of a poor representation, but it'll have to do.) And it was just as stunning as I'd pictured it in my head.

Generally speaking, I'm not a particularly patient person. I don't like waiting, and I really don't like waiting when I don't know how long the wait will last. But we're called to wait on the Lord and His perfect timing.

Waiting isn't always fun but it's necessary, so today, I'm thankful for this lovely reminder that the act of waiting is always a worthwhile pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment