Wednesday, June 16, 2021

June 16

Tonight, the AAA A's took to the field with all 12 players present at Little League 5 to play for the championship. And although their position as the sole undefeated team still in the mix would've given them a second shot at the title tomorrow night, they didn't need it because they bested the Dodgers 5-4.

They were a scrappy little team all season long, but they seemed to truly hit their stride when the playoffs began. More plays were made, more bases were stolen, more pitches were thrown for strikes, more plate discipline was shown. And honestly, I think more fun was had, too.

Though it's wonderful to win now and again, when the dust of any given day settles, my hope and prayer is that my kids will be surrounded by good people who treat one another well, and I think that's what we've had on this team. So although the last game has been played, I will always be thankful for this baseball season and for the wonderful people I've met and gotten to know. And I will be perpetually grateful that these 12 boys will always be connected via this team.

No comments:

Post a Comment