Friday, June 25, 2021

June 25

Isaac is over at a friend's house this evening. A short time ago, he texted me with important news:

Lest you don't follow baseball, the news was that Sean Manaea --who was tonight's starter for the A's-- hit a double. This is important because since Oakland is an AL team and AL pitchers only hit when they're visiting NL ballparks, hits for AL pitchers are rarities. 

But more important than Manaea's successful hit was this: my boy wanted to share his excitement with me as he was feeling it. He could've saved the news for tomorrow morning when he comes home or not shared it at all, but he didn't do those things: he reached out in the moment.

And I love that he did that because I love that he wants to share important details with his mom. That open heartedness is a blessing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment